Tuesday, April 26, 2011

May 1st is Couple Appreciation Day

Did you know there is a day for couples to appreciate each other? You didn't, see that's what I'm here for. I have all the inside information. Couple Appreciation Day is May 1st and the greetings card company and the flower shops and the restaurants want you to celebrate. Seriously, you need someone to tell you to appreciate each other. I think I feel the same way about this day as I feel about Valentines Day (don't even get me started). We do we fall prey to the made up days, there is Valentines Day, Sweetheart Day, Step Mother's, wash your clothes day, brush your teeth day, well you get my point. As a couple you should appreciate each other, well not everyday, that takes to much time, but at least sometimes.

I mean I know that everyday is not a great day but there are some days that your mate comes in the house with your favorite take-out. Or they wash your car or clean the kitchen, they are showing you that they appreciate you and in return you do something nice for them. I'm not saying for you to do tick for tack but a little appreciation does go along way. My issue is, I don't want people to tell me that on this day I should do it. I like for things to be genuine so I won't be celebrating Couple Appreciation Day on May 1st, however May 2nd, that's all me.


Do you plan on celebrating Couple Appreciation Day on May 1st? If you are, tell us what you will be doing. If you decide not to, tell us why.

2 comments:

  1. I try to show appreciation every day to my significant other, as I do with my Mom, friends, coworkers, etc. I embrace the opportunity to say nice things to people. We should all take time to say something positive to someone every single day, significant other or not!! A little bit of a great attitude goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous, I think that is a great idea and wonderful philosophy. Everyone wants to be appreciated and loved. I had a teacher that said, "treat people like they want to be treated". It has stuck with me and that is my goal. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete