Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding-The Reality of the Fairytale

I can't say that I actually watched the royal wedding because that would be lying and inevitably someone will catch me in that lie. So I can say that while I did not see the ceremony I did see the procession to Buckingham Palace in the 17th century carriage (please correct me if I'm wrong because it was 6 in the morning). I can also say that they looked absolutely in love and she is unquestionably a beautiful woman.
As you know every talk show today discussed the wedding, most people talked about the fashion and the 1 million people out there partying. I want to talk about the fairytale. I watched the queen of talk shows today, Oprah, and of course Oprah covered the wedding like only she can. It was a very entertaining show but she made a statement that stuck out to me. Oprah said , we all know that fairy tales are not true but we hope they have a great life together. True sentiment all around, the part that struck me was the we all know that fairy tales aren't real.
I don't think some women believe that, I find a lot of women think that some prince is going to ride up on a white horse and save them from their miserable lives. Honey, that ain't neva gonna happen. While I do believe The Duke and Duchess (see I learned something) love each other, they have a long road ahead of them. If 1 million people showed up to a wedding they were not invited to and over a billion people watched it on TV, you are going to be under such a microscope. Normal relationships can't handle a few family members and friends getting in their business. Just think if the Queen of England was your grandmother and everyone in the world had something to say about your relationship.
See ladies, that is the reality of the fairytale, its not a fairytale, it sucks on the highest degree and to be honest, I feel sorry for Kate (we can't even technically call her Kate anymore, it's Catherine). What a world that you can't even be called by the name you have always gone by. I just want everyone to understand, while the wedding was undoubtedly beautiful and elegant and prestigious. Just like the rest of us, after the wedding, real life steps in and let me tell you, she can be a bitch.
Good luck Kate!
Did you watch the royal wedding? What are your thoughts on the wedding? Do you believe in fairy tales?

No comments:

Post a Comment